Affiliation: School of Business
The undergraduate and graduate programs offered by the School of Business are accredited in both Business and Accounting by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. These programs include the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Bachelor of Science in Accounting, and Master of Accountancy. Truman is one of fewer than 200 schools worldwide holding accreditation in both Business and Accounting.
AACSB is recognized by the Council on Postsecondary Accreditation and by the Office of Postsecondary Education, U.S. Department of Education, as a specialized accrediting agency for undergraduate and graduate programs in business administration and accounting.
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS MISSION STATEMENT
We graduate prospective leaders who are ethical, broadly educated problem-solvers, effective team players, clear writers, and articulate speakers.
We cultivate a community of learners by emphasizing:
- A rigorous, broad academic experience;
- Effective communication skills;
- Highly selective admission of students;
- Teaching, while valuing applied and instructional scholarship and service.
ADMISSION TO THE BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM
Students wishing to major in business administration must meet the following admission requirements before enrolling in upper division business courses:
- Completion of 40 hours including the following courses with a grade of C or better:
ENG 190 Writing as Critical Thinking
COMM 170 Public Speaking or the successful test out of COMM 170
STAT 190 Basic Statistics OR STAT 290 Statistics
MATH 192 Essentials of Calculus OR MATH 198 Analytic Geometry and Calculus I
BSAD 157 Information Technology
ACCT 220 Introduction to Financial Accounting
2. An overall cumulative GPA of 2.50
3. Submit a semester-by-semester planned class schedule that would fulfill graduation requirements
4. Students should currently be enrolled in or have completed:
BSAD 234, ECON 200 or ECON 201 or ECON 205, and ACCT 221
5. Students should submit a copy of their transcripts from TruView with their application.
- A 2.25 GPA in major and concentration requirements
- An overall cumulative 2.25 GPA
- 40 hours of 300-400 level courses
- Students must complete 24 semester hours of the required business courses at Truman, have a 2.25 GPA in major requirements taken at Truman, and have a 2.0 GPA in all courses taken at Truman.